Music and Movement: Orchestra

Music & Movement: Orchestra
April 18th, 10:15 and 11am


Opening Song: Glad to See You by Peter and Ellen Allard
"When I'm glad to see all of you, I like to clap my hands, stamp my feet, I especially like to shake my hips (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle!), I even like to nod my head, and then I like to see how many times I can blink my eyes."

Book: The Philharmonic Gets Dressed by Karla Kushkin / Ella Elephant: Scats Like That by Andy Blackman Hurwitz

[Cover][Cover]


This session, the second class had a higher number of babies and toddlers than older preschoolers, so I knew I'd need an alternative selection. I didn't read each page of Kushkin's book, some I just said something like, "now they're putting on socks."

Song: The Carnival of the Animals: The Aquarium by Camille Saint-Saens.
[Cover]I used the book Can You Hear It? for this. So we looked at the painting in the book and listened for the different sounds in the music that we were prompted for by the book. I showed them a flashcard with a picture of a xylophone on it.

Rhyme: The Big Bass Drum

Book: Zin! Zin! Zin! A Violin! by Lloyd Moss
[Cover]

Rhyme: Beethoven's Five Finger Play by Jim Gill
We talked about the names of our fingers before doing this. I ran through it twice because they liked the big finish.

Activity: We listened to Greg Patillo's version of the Sesame Street theme song and how it was just one person making all that noise. (He beat boxes while he plays the flute). I showed them a picture of a flute and demonstrated how you would hold one.

Song: I Can Shake My Shaker Egg by Mr. Eric and Mr. Michael
We did this one twice, with, as you might have guessed... shakers!

Closing Rhyme: (borrowed from the librarians at the Ames Public Library)
We read a book / We sang a song / Let's blow a kiss / And say so long.
Teach sign language for book & song, mimic blowing a kiss, wave for so long.

CONVERSATION

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Back
to top